Lost Windows 7 password, what will you do to get in your password protected computer? In fact, there are lots of ways for you to regain access to the locked computer? In addition to use a password reset disk to reset Windows 7 password, you can still log on your PC in safe mode to change the lost Windows 7 password. It is very simple. Just three steps. You could follow the below guide.
Step 1: Enter safe mode in Windows 7 operating system
1. Start or restart your Windows 7 machine.
2. Press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options just before the Windows 7 loading screen appears.
3. Use arrows to choose Safe Mode when you can see the Advanced Boot Options screen.
4. Press Enter and wait for Windows 7 files to load.
5. Log on with an administrator account when you can see the log on screen.
Step 2: Change lost Windows 7 password
Now you are logged into Windows 7 in safe mode. You diagnose and solve some serious problems under it, especially when starting Windows normally is impossible. To reset Windows 7 password, just do as follows:
1. Click Start button and input lusrmgr.msc into the Search box.
2. In the coming Local Users and Groups screen, double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
3. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
4. Type and confirm the new password.
Note: you can also go to Local Users and Groups screen by right-clicking Computer to select Manage on desktop.
Step 3: Log on your computer with the new password
You have successfully perform Windows 7 password reset. Now you can easily access to your compute with the new password. Please note that you must log on with an account that has administrator permissions.
When you are presented with Advanced Boot Options screen, there are 3 variations of Windows 7 Safe Mode.
Safe Mode – This is the default option and is usually the best choice. This mode will load only the absolute minimum processes necessary to start Windows 7.
Safe Mode with Networking – This option loads the same processes as Safe Mode but also includes those that allow the networking functions in Windows 7 to work. You should choose this option if you think you may need to access the Internet or your local network while troubleshooting in Safe Mode.
Safe Mode with Command Prompt – This version of Safe Mode also loads a minimum set of processes but will allow immediate access to the Command Prompt. This is a valuable option if more advanced troubleshooting is necessary.
Actually, the 3 options are available for you. I only take Safe Mode as an example. But if you choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt, you’ll need to input related to command prompt to change the lost Windows 7 password.
If you cannot log on Windows with an account that has administrator permissions, you will be not able to enter Windows safe mode. In that case, I’m afraid you’ll need third party software Windows Login Recovery to help to bypass your lost Windows 7 password and get back in your protected computer. Windows Login Recovery allows you to reset lost Windows password with a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive. It takes you take less than 5 minutes.
Lost windows 7 password? You could reset windows 7 password with this windows 7 password reset methods.
- Simple LED Light Activation
- Bright White Screen for devices with no camera flash
- Screen will NOT time-out
- Battery meter will display in red if at or below 20%.
- Variable Speed Strobing
- SOS Signaling
- SAFE -- No personal data collection