Compression socks are specialized therapeutic socks made from woven spandex or nylon used to create pressure on the lower legs. The gradient pressure applied by the compression sock is highest at the ankle and decreases in pressure upward to the knee or thigh. The pressure applied to the leg helps circulate blood to the heart to prevent blood pooling in the vessels of the lower extremities. The result is improved blood circulation in the extremities, reducing swelling and the risk of blood clots. A healthcare provider will recommend the size and strength of the stocking based on the patient’s condition. Compression socks and stockings are used to treat a number of conditions in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
The majority of hospitals follow a protocol that recommends all surgery patients, and especially those who are non-ambulatory, to be fitted with compression socks. This reduces the risk of blood clots forming following surgical procedures or clots caused by certain circulatory conditions. The formation of blood clots in patients is a major contributor to inpatient hospital deaths.
Compression stockings or socks are an effective and noninvasive method of treating disorders such as varicose veins, thrombosis, lymphedema, chronic venous insufficiency, chronic circulatory diseases and post phlebitic syndrome. In each of these conditions, the goal of the compression sock is to reduce edema of the legs, improve circulation to prevent blood pooling, and reduce the risk of blood clot formation.
Primarily, this form of therapy is worn during daytime hours and is removed for nighttime. It is recommended that the socks be put on before getting out of bed in the morning and be worn throughout the day. Periods of rest and elevation are also recommended, to reduce pain and inflammation. The length of use depends on the patient’s condition and the risk of developing blood clots. Conditions such as varicose veins, lymphedema, and chronic circulatory diseases will require long-term or life-long use.
Studies indicate that there are no known complications that arise from this form of therapy; however, there is a period of adjusting to feel and application of the stockings. A doctor will recommend a sock’s compression level based on the amount of pressure applied to the leg. The pressure is measured in millimeters of mercury, mmHg. The four levels are; mild 8-15 mmHg, moderate 15-20 mmHg, firm 20-30 mmHg, and extra firm 30-40 mmHg.
There are certain people who should not use this form of therapy. People, who are diabetic, have decreased blood supply to the legs, and smokers should not use compression socks because they may complicate these diseases.
Author is a freelance copywriter. For more information about Compression stockings, please visit http://www.brightlifedirect.com/.
YOUR SEARCH FOR THE BEST COMPRESSION SOCKS FINALLY OVER!
GET YOUR STAMINA COMPRESSION SOCKS from Physix Gear Sport- Do you spend all day on your feet, and the result is swollen ankles and fatigue?
-Suffer from Aching and Heavy feeling in Legs, Foot Pain, Shin Splints, Varicose Veins, or Plantar Fasciitis?
-Want to prevent blood clots, especially after surgery or prevent injury when inactive?
INTRODUCING STAMINA COMPRESSION SOCKS BY PHYSIX GEAR TO THE RESCUE!-INSTANT RESULTS, Graduated Compression increases blood circulation which provides increased performance and faster recovery
-WONT SLIP DOWN LEGS, like other cheap Kinesiology tapes
-MOISTURE WICKING MATERIAL, designed breathability, sore muscles relief, reduce inflammation, and workout recovery
-PERFECT SOCKS FOR Nurses, Athletes, anyone looking for lower leg stamina and recovery!
-VERSITILE PERFORMANCE, For women and men, nurses and doctors, athletes and runners. Anyone on their feet all day
-ENHANCE PERFORMANCE, rehabilitate, supporting muscles for sporting events. The ultimate Results & recovery formula
-QUALITY, A blend of nylon fabric that will fight bacteria and moisture for maximum comfort.
WHEN YOU PURCHASE TODAY, SIT BACK AND PREPARE FOR QUALITY TO ARRIVE!Amazon Buyers Trust the Physix Gear Brand to be Quality Products
SO ORDER NOW!
AND WHEN YOU DO CONSIDER GETTING TWO, ONE FOR YOU AND ONE FOR YOUR VERY BEST FRIEND!Price: $19.95
- STYLE AND CONFIDENCE ON YOUR LEGS - Finally! A Durable Compression Sock designed to last, without compromising quality or Comfort. Double stitched with Anti-Bacterial Fabric your legs will thank you. Feel the immediate Comfort and remarkable design of your new Stamina Long Sock Tights. Quality stitched & Easy to get on even though they are a compression sock! They Wash well without losing compression keeping all the Excellent vascular toning benefits.
- BECAUSE PUSHING YOURSELF THAT EXTRA MILE MATTERS! Get your blood circulating in style! Great for relief of varicose veins or other leg swelling issues. Use it every day, night, or both. Prevent Blood clots after surgery and Fits well unlike other Dr. prescribed Stiff varieties. The compression and support is perfectly located on Heel, Foot & Calves, and the toe area wont squeeze your aching toe joints. Instant comfort & support. Moisture wicking properties, rapidly air dry in a few hours.
- TAKE YOUR GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL - Comfortable material and careful construction. No stitches in places where they'll rub or rip together. Stay put Cuffs & Soothing feeling at the bottom and sides of foot, with no pinching seen with lesser quality socks without ankle support. Fall in love with your new Stamina socks, easy to pull on. and they breath! Use in extremely hot weather, crossfit, through mud, water, wall/crawl/rope climbs, and half marathons. Perfect for extreme races and long runs!
- GRAB CONTROL OF YOUR WELLBEING IN STYLE - An Excellent compression hose, very durable, with a fashionable look, and variety colors available. Washable & designed with Quality Lycra Fabric, built for durability. Customers agree, the comfort is amazing. Use them on a plane during that 9 hr flights or during that 6 mile walk, Your durable (20 - 30 mmHg) sleeves work with your routine. Feel the shock absorption effect instantly that really helps reduce fatigue and swelling in your lower leg.
- GET READY. TO BECOME, A RAVING FAN! - We cut no corner in our product, and will cut no corners in our support of you! You are making a very intelligent decision doing business with our company. We know you're a big deal, and we'll only provide you with the finest product and service around, or your MONEY BACK! Add your Stamina Compression Socks to your Cart, and experience the Physix Gear Sport customer experience phenomenon! Add to cart now to begin the amazing journey!