How often have you seen a child running to a window and peering out at the falling snow with a big smile and a pumpkin like face. Most children love snow, and the more the better. I know when I was a child I certainly loved the snow, and for two reasons, if often kept me home from School that day, and it made for a very fun day playing in it. As we grow from children into adults we often stop playing in the snow and having such fun, especially if were males, since we have to act the tough and rugged way instead of showing emotions like a child’s joy. Those that are lucky enough to have a playful spouse or children, know that this is a bunch of crap. Joy and having fun, is something we all need to experience, a world without laughter and fun would not be a very nice place for anyone.
On them cold winter days if your an adult and you find yourself alone, or with empty time on your hands, why not head to your den, or office where you have your own gateway to the world, no, I am not talking about the internet, I am talking about Amateur Radio or HAM Radio as it’s often called. Amateur Radio has been around for years, it is not amateur or simple as the name suggests, but instead it gets it name amateur do to the aspect that its members or operators work outside of a governmental or commercial field.
Amateur Radio is very fun, and it opens up a whole new world to anyone that does it. You can communicate to folks literally around the world with it, and it has been used in times of natural disasters and even war, to communicate with survivors. Communication is mostly done with voice transmission, like talking on a telephone or to someone in person, but a lot of the more seasoned operators will also chat using a series of codes, and some even use Morse Code to talk back and forth. You often can tell if someone is an Amateur Radio operator because of the large antenna outside their home.
Most newcomers to the Amateur Radio hobby, start by joining a local club or group, if there are none locally you can search the internet, where you will find numerous groups and chat rooms on the subject. You may also wish to purchase and study some books on Amateur Radio for beginners. There are quite a few things that one must become aware of when starting the hobby in their home, such as the type of equipment to use and purchase, antenna, license, getting your stations call sign, fees and other things.
Again, the best way to get started is by joining some local on online groups, and reading books for beginners. It may seem more complicated and overwhelming at first, then it needs to be, as there are an estimated two million Amateur Radio owners and operators around the world. So, why not get started today in the exciting hobby of Amateur Radio, it just may be what you need during them long, cold months, to help shake the winter blues.
There is a website that describes numerous activities and other methods to help eliminate the Winter Blues, this website is called: Winter Activities – and it may be found at this url: http://www.winter-activities.com
You may publish this article in your ezine, newsletter or on your web site as long as it is reprinted in its entirety and without modification except for formatting needs or grammar corrections.
Robert W. Benjamin has been involved in weight loss and has been researching the Winter Blues for a few years. He has personally turned his life around at the age of 50, by reducing his body weight from 400 lbs to 185 lbs. If you want to turn your life around, and read other great info and ideas on beating the winter blues, please check out the website below:
An antenna, or aerial, is an electrical device which converts electric power into radio waves, and vice versa. It is usually used with a radio transmitter or radio receiver. In reception, an antenna intercepts some of the power of an electromagnetic wave in order to produce a tiny voltage at its terminals, that is applied to a receiver to be amplified.
The TNP antennas are individually tested to insure proper compatibility with your radio and frequencies. This is a soft flexible antenna able to withstand more roughness than a stock radio antenna, all while boosting the signal of your radio significantly! Most TNP antennas will increase your radio's gain by 2.15 dBi.
- Frequency: 144/430MHz
- Gain: 144Mhz 2.15dBi 430Mhz 3.0dBi
- Max power: 10Watts
- V.S.W.R: Less 1.5
- Impedance: 50 OHM
- Connector: SMA-F
- Length: 15.6"
- Weight: 37g
- Compatible with two-way handheld radio:
- BaoFeng: UV-82 (Series All Models excluding the UV-82X which is a 144/220 radio), UV-5R (All models), BF-F8HP, BF-F8+, and all others
- Compatible With Models of BaoFeng UV-5R, BF-F8HP, UV-82, BF-888S, 888S, UV-82HP, BF-F8+, UV-5R Series, UV-82 Series
- WOUXUN: KG-UVD1P, KG-UV6D, KG-659, KG-669, KG-679, KG-689, KG-699E and more
- Kenwood: TK-240, TK-250, TK-255, TK-260, TK-260G, TK-270, TK-270G, TK-272G, TK-278, TK-278G, TK-340, TK-349, TK-350, TK-353, TK-360, TK-360G and more
- LINTON: LT-2288, LT-3288, LT-6288, LT-5288, LT-3188, and more
- And any other radio that uses the SMA-FEMALE Connection
- 1x TNP NA-771S Antenna
- TNP antennas are individually tested to insure proper compatibility with your radio and frequencies! TNP Antennas are dependable, accurate, reliable and affordable. Avoid antennas that are not properly tested or tuned, which can cause high SWR and damage to your radio. TNP's are proven to be a reliable VHF/UHF antenna
- Extend the Range of Your Communication - Most TNP antennas will increase your radio's gain by 2.15 dBi or more. The longer the antenna is the better the antenna is capable of boosting weak frequencies. Shorter antennas offer more portability and convenience, while longer antennas generally perform better
- SMA Female Base Mounted - This series of TNP antenna's are SMA female meaning a perfect fit for many radios. Radios that are guaranteed to work are the: BaoFeng UV-5R, BF-F8HP, UV-82, BF-888S, 888S, UV-82HP, BF-F8+, UV-5R Series, UV-82 Series; It also is compatible with some models of: Kenwood, Yaesu, Wouxun and others
- This series of TNP antenna's are SMA female meaning a perfect fit for most radios devices
- This TNP antenna NA-771S SMA Dual Band High Gain Antenna is extendable that boost the signal of your radio significantly