Time and again, there will be confusion about Yoga and Pilates and whether or not they’re one and the same. Most definitely, they’re not. However, there are key points that make them nearly synonymous. Perhaps, the most obvious is the fact that they’re both very popular as a means of achieving physical and spiritual balance. Both are also widely accepted across cultures from Oriental to Western and their bedrocks have a universality that attract people from all walks of life and ages. However, there will be stark differences between these two disciplines in between their similarities.
Yoga is, of course, the oldest and best proven way of optimizing physical and spiritual health for every individual taking heed to its principles. People who don’t know much about it often have the misconception that it’s merely a form of physical exercise to keep the body fit. However, yoga goes way beyond that. It is a complete package that brings physical and spiritual perfection through specific routines and meditation that promote practices and conditions contributory to man’s well-being. This package can include anything from improving muscle strength and tone to personal hygiene. This is how wide yoga is and its effects are most definitely time-tested.
While there are many exercise routines being promoted all over the media from aerobics to weight training, they’re all repetitive in nature. Yoga isn’t and this is what sets it apart from the rest. This oriental discipline is simply concerned about focusing on the body by stretching or flexing it to improve blood circulation and, thus, provide ample nourishment to the internal organs. Combined with Prana or life force energy, which is also supplied to the body by doing these routines, the person is expected to enjoy an overall improvement in health that may manifest in a myriad of ways from soothed nerves to improved digestive functions. Aside from stretching and flexing, yoga also espouses the value of proper breathing and relaxation as key to achieving both physical and spiritual well-being.
Pilates exercises are basically patterned after yoga where full body control is essential. However, unlike yoga, Pilates needs both a a mat and specialized machines that aim to ultimately improve overall body strength and health. While yoga is all about maintaining that physical and inner peace, Pilates focuses more on perfecting body states and motions so that with proper practice, you achieve better posture, improved muscle strength and tone and generally more graceful body movement.
Because Pilates is a form of yoga, two terms are closely related although not entirely similar. Even the difference between yoga and Pilates mats is quite obvious which means a different approach is used for each of the two. Either way, one need not necessarily choose one over the other as it is very possible and, perhaps, healthier to do both.
If you’re looking for Danskin Yoga Pilates Mats or any other type you might fancy, PilatesYogaMatDeals.com offers a nice variety so you can start your Yoga or Pilates on strong, solid ground.
TOPLUS was created as a lifestyle company, strives to provide customers well-made, high quality and healthy products. We believes in the concept of Simplifying Life by using quality products, living simple life. So we explore and develop every product with our heart. Our goal is to offer a premier line of quality items. We also strive to provide the same 100% satisfaction guarantee in all of our products, support, and service to our customers.
Why we buy mini resistance bands?
- Struggle finding time to go to the gym
- Don't have room for large exercise equipment
- Would rather save the thousands of dollars needed for a gym membership
- Are looking for an at home physical therapy solution
Toplus resistance loop bands are the perfect solution for you.
- Portable and lightweight. You can take your resistance loop bands with you on the go.
- Inexpensive. At only a few dollars a piece.
- Great for exercisers of all levels. With 5 different resistance levels and the ability to combine bands for even more resistance.
- Multi use. They can be used for workout and physical therapy, pilates, yoga, rehab, perfect your body curve or loose weight.
Find guide movies on YouTube and start your workout right now, shape your body, shape your life.
- Resistance training bands, made of high quality 100% natural latex, eco-friendly, no smell and durable
- Shape perfect body curve and improve muscle tone in arms, legs, back and buttocks without need for expensive gym memberships
- Bands are 12" long, 2" wide, and can be stretched further - great for Pilates, Physical Therapy, Yoga, Crossfit and other daily workout
- Set of 5, each band has a different strength so that you can increase the intensity of your workout gradually
- Flexible, lightweight and portable with carry bag