If you have recently had a baby, you may think that this means that you may have to put your dreams of running business on hold. I started my business with my middle son was 4 months old and currently have a 5 month old five and a half years later. With some careful planning and preparation, you can make your dreams of owning a successful business become a reality.
If you have a determined to start your own business, there are some important things you need to know before you begin. The following tips will help you to succeed in business.
1. An important factor when you have a baby and want to start a business is making sure that you have informed your family of what you would like to do. The reason why this is important is because family support will be very important. You will need to discuss the income considerations, hours of operations, start-up costs, etc. Since you recently gave birth, this is also subtracting from your monthly budget. It is also important that your hours of operation and office space be respected whether the space is a room or a closet. If you don’t make sure your family understands, then you run the risk of family members feeling neglected, disputes over money or someone feeling as though they are contributing more to the family in terms of time. It will also lead to productivity problems due to disruptions and distractions.
2. Another important consideration for starting your own business with a small child is where you deciding where you will work. It’s critical that you choose an area that you are comfortable in but can also accommodate your baby because you need to have your baby at the minimum at hear shot if not in eye view. If you make sure that you are fine and have your baby within reach, then you’ll will minimize the time away from your work area and not worry about something happening to your baby..
3. You don’t have to send your child to child care of hire a baby sitter in order to run your own business. I have a total of seven children and I have never used daycare or a baby sitter since starting my business in 2003. All you need to do is to set up a schedule, and make sure that you make sure you stick to it. I found that I am most productive from 4 am to 9 am and again from 9 pm until bedtime. These are also the times that my younger children are asleep. This makes a perfect time to do my tasks that I need to concentrate on. So, set your schedule at times you will be most productive and have little distractions.
4. Instead of complicating your business start-up efforts by jumping in head first, be sure you first have a plan. Understand the business you are trying to start. Know that it will take time and dedication. Understand your competition and know that there may be some times that you may not be able to spend as much time with your family as you would like.
5. Schedule what is important to you first. I attend school plays, award ceremonies, soccer games, school parties, etc. I never miss any of these because I consider these things important to me. So treat those as appointments and schedule them first.
So if you really want to start your business with a new baby, follow these tips maximize your chances for success.
Lisa Mullins is the founder of The Marketing Bistro, a real estate marketing and coaching firm that helps real estate agents remain visible to their prospects and leads using old school and new school marketing methods. To find out more about Lisa and The Marketing Bistro, visit line of social networking services. You can find out more about Lisa Mullins and The Marketing Bistro, as well as their services visit their website at http://www.themarketingbistro.com Happy Selling!
[wpr5-amazon asin=”0830835970″ region=”com”]