The most frustrating aspect of buying a pair of quality binoculars is the number of choices you have. There are many models made for a specific sport or activity such as hunting or birding. On the other hand, some binoculars are suitable for hunting, birding, boating, and viewing spectator sports all in one. Each binocular has its’ own unique set of technical attributes, such as ‘Field of View’, ‘Aperture’, or ‘Exit Pupil’, to name just a few. Each attribute will have to be examined when trying to find the binocular that is best suited for the activities or sport you intend to use it for. And of course, the prices of binoculars are far ranging as well. In fact, there are so many things to consider that people do not know where to begin. If you were to narrow your search down to one brand, Nikon would certainly be a good choice.
The Nikon binoculars line alone has over 50 different models to choose from, with prices ranging from $ 50 to nearly $ 1,200. Unfortunately, with so many choices people end up frustrated and make a purchasing decision based solely on price. While price is important, it cannot be the only thing that determines a decision. Even if you determine a price range, there are still a lot of binoculars that will fall into that range. Also consider, you get what you pay for. If you purchase cheap binoculars you will end up with, well, cheap binoculars.
Think about how you are going to be using your binoculars. If you are using them for sporting events or bird watching you probably will not need as much magnification as if you were going to use them for astronomy or to view distant objects like mountains or the Grand Canyon. You also need to think about the lighting conditions. If you will be using your binoculars during the day you will not need the same size lens as a hunter or an astronomer.
Two numbers that you will you have to pay attention to describe the magnification and the size of the objective lens, respectively. Binoculars are listed as 8×25 or 12×42. In the example of the 8×25 binoculars the 8 refers to how many times an object can be magnified. The 8 indicates that these binoculars can magnify an object up to 8 times. The 25 refers to the diameter of the objective lens, or the lens that is furthest from your eye. So, 8×25 binoculars have a lens diameter of 25mm.
The reason objective lens size is important is that the larger the lens, the more light that will be allowed in; which means less light is required to see objects. If you were a hunter you would probably want a larger lens; given the typically less than ideal lighting conditions hunters deal with. On the other hand a larger lens would not be as important if you were using you binoculars to watch sporting events.
Here are a couple of things to remember about magnification- one, the stronger the magnification, the smaller the field of view will be. If you are watching a rapidly moving sport it will be harder to keep object in view if you have too much magnification. Also, the more magnification you use, the harder it is to hold the image steady. If you are using binoculars with a 16 magnification you would either need to use a tripod or a god image stabilization system in order to keep the image from jumping all over the place.
With a little thought and planning it is relatively easy to find the right binoculars to fit your needs. Even with a product line as wide as the Nikon binoculars it is possible to narrow your choices, and to get the ones that fit you best.
Vincent Saponar lives in North Western New Jersey, and has been an avid birder and outdoorsman for many years. He owns many different binoculars and has considerable knowledge and expertise around not only binoculars, but other sports optics instruments as well, i.e., night vision devices and rangefinders. For more helpful information on binoculars and other sports optics instruments, I recommend visiting http://www.onesourceoptics.com
✔SGODDE Digital camera binoculars,using excellent all-optical system and high-definition digital imaging capabilities,combine the functions of the camera and the binocular.
You can use to watch and enjoy the wonderful view far away, and record it by taking sharp pictures or recording videos.
✔Clear Picture，Vedio and Digital Zoom
-HD digital camera binocular is equipped with a HD 2.0-inch LTPS (4: 3) color LCD monitor for more beautiful and clear images.
- You can directly use monitor for taking pictures or record a video, you also can revisit the moment on playback mode!
-Four times digital zoom can pull the scenery in the distance become closer, and also can record at the same time !
-With the biniculars function,the magnification is 12x,you can take scenery 1500 meters away.
Color: silver black gray
Binocular Specification: 12x32
LCD Display: 2" LTPS 4:3
USB Interface: 2.0
Photo Format: JPEG
Video Format: AVI
Size: 15x11x 5cm(5.9x4.33x2in)
1000 meters of telescopic vision:
Exit pupil diameter: 3.8 mm
Exit pupil distance: 8 mm
Minimum focusing distance: 8 meters
Recording function: support
Mobile hard disk: support
Camera function: support
USB interface: USB2.0
Memory card:Up to 32G
Battery: 1000 mA Built-in battery(support for mobile power use,2hr working time under full charge)
1* Telescope Strap
✔Note: The power must be power off when installing or taking out the Mirco-SD card.
We recommand the use of Class 4 or above cards with the minimun 4GB storage space (maximun is 32GB)
Pevrosd offers a 30 days money back & 12-month warranty.
- ✔2'' High Resolution Recording:This Digital Camera&Binocular Telescope combines the functions of the camera and the binocular. Using an high definition 2'' LCD display and a 5 megapixel digital camera, you can use it to watch and enjoy the wonderful view far away, and record it by taking sharp pictures of it or recording videos.
- ✔12X Magnification & 32mm Lens: The digital binoculars with 32mm lens and 12x magnification allow you to take the view from 4921feet away. It's the best choice for outdoor activities like bird watching, enjoying concerts and soccer matches
- ✔Amazing Memory Space&Multiple Play Mode: This camera binoculars are compatible with Class 4, 6, 10 micro SD card with the highest capacity of 32GB. You can see all you photos and vedio in your binoculars in different playing-speed , or even connect it to the computer via a USB cable to transmit data and to preserve your precious memory.
- ✔Long-lasting battery: With the premium 1000 mA build-in Li-ion battery ,it can work for 2 hours under full charge.It also can charge by mobile power supply to provide reliable performance for view taking and picture/video storage so that you can take it anywhere.
- ✔Anti-slip Design&Adjustable Width :Covered wIth the nonskid Medical rubber , the camera offers perfect touch&feel with the soft yet endurable rubber coat. The width is adjustable for your comfort to get fantastic and quick focusing.