It is the fastest growing hobby, but many people are intimidated when it comes to beginner scrapbooking. The steps to scrapbooking can be daunting at first, but just remember to keep it simple. Here are a few basic elements you will need to get started:
1. Photos – Gather your photos all in one place and set up some sort of photo storage or filing system so they are protected until you are ready to add them to your scrapbook.
2. Albums – Styles range from 3-ring albums to post-bound to strap-hinged and even handmade. The most popular sizes are 12 x 12 and 8 1/2 x 11, but you can find albums in a variety of sizes. Large albums are great for making heritage books, and smaller albums can be more event-specific themes, such as “Christmas 2009” or “Bob’s Retirement Party.” I use a number of different sizes, so don’t get hung up on finding the “perfect” size. Just pick one and go!
3. Page Protectors – these are what hold your pages in your album and protect your works of art from fingerprints, dust, and spilled drinks!
4. Paper Trimmer – it’s best to have one that can cut up to at least a 12 x 12 piece of paper or cardstock since that is the most popular size.
5. Scrapbook Paper – To protect your photographs you will want to be sure the paper and cardstock is archival quality, meaning it is acid-free and lignin-free.
6. Adhesive – You can use photo mounts, glue sticks, or a number of different two-sided tapes to mount your photos to your page. Again, be sure it is safe to use for your photos.
7. Journaling – Journaling is the most important part of scrapbooking and it needs to be preserved. You will want to use a pen that is permanent so that it won’t fade or bleed or run if it gets wet.
We all love to take photographs, but are your pictures stuck in a drawer or a box or still on your computer? Wouldn’t it be nice to have them displayed in a beautiful book for your family and friends to enjoy? With these few items you will have the basic tools you will need to make a scrapbook that will be treasured for years to come. So let’s get started!
Rebecca Mayse has been enjoying and teaching scrapbooking for over 11 years. For more great scrapbooking articles and tips visit her website at http://Scrap4Joy.com/.
Sandylion Disney Paper Pack Sheets are ideal for scrapbooking. This package contains 12 single-sided sheets of paper in 6 different designs (two of each design). It comes in mickey and friends design. Sold separately. It is an imported product. The paper pack size is 12 x 12 Inch.
- This package contains 12 single-sided sheets of paper in 6 different designs
- Ideal for scrapbooking
- Comes in mickey and friends design
- It is an imported product