Like all technological advances, the greatest innovations in the home security industry have become affordable over time. In the past, intricate motion-detectors were the stuff crime films were made on, with an elusive cat burglar outfoxing the remarkable security apparatus. These days, you can protect your family and possessions with technology of a similar caliber without taking out a second mortgage to pay for it. Here are five of the latest advances in the home security industry you might consider.
1. Wireless motion detecting home alarm systems. For an intruder wanting to enter your home and make off with your prized possessions, the sophisticated infrared motion detectors are a great deterrent. Once a living, moving being is picked up by these detectors, the alarm will sound and notify your security company of a security breach.
2. The reach usually employed by a spy apparatus. When an alarm goes off and requires a response from a home security company, will yours be there to respond? The best in the business do not settle with one command center where alarms are sent. The most accomplished in the business have control centers in several locations across the country, leaving the smaller, local security companies down on the totem pole.
3. Flood and freeze protection. We have all heard the horror stories of floods in the home and the extensive property damage water can inflict. Whether it’s a bathtub left running accidentally or a natural disaster, you should be ready to confront home flooding and save your pets and possessions from injury. Water sensors can provide the protection you need. The same goes for sub-zero temperatures. A severe drop in temperature can gravely harm the elderly and put your whole family at risk. Look into the freeze detectors now on the market.
4. Instant communication from any room in the house. For a senior citizen living alone or spending many hours without company, you never know when emergency services will be required. In case of an accident, give the elderly a chance to get help by providing intercom services in each room and one-touch home alarm system activation, able to be worn around the neck or on a key chain. If they are unable to get to the phone, it could be a life-saver.
5. Heat and poison sensors. The amount of fire-related tragedies occurring every year is staggering. Ever more shocking is the number of homes that are not equipped to handle such an emergency. Make sure you have smoke detectors installed throughout your home and find out how a heat sensor can give you an extra measure of security. Additionally, the threat of leaking carbon monoxide has made detectors for this deadly, odorless gas mandatory in all parts of the country. Make sure you alarm system is prepared to sound in case of a carbon monoxide leak.
Advances in security technology are coming every year. Find out how an ADT alarm system integrates these advances without charging highly advanced prices. Check out the winning combination of technology and professionalism available with ADT security services.
THE SHRINKING WEST: WHY ARE KIDS LEAVING THE RANCH?