When it comes to our physical bodies, muscles atrophy when they are not used. Even relatively short periods of lessened muscle activity and movement, as when a leg is immobilized after a break, can affect muscle tone and length, flexibility, agility, and stamina. That’s why physical therapy, which helps muscle stretch, strengthen, and regain ‘muscle memory’ and helps joints regain/retain range of motion, is so often an adjunct to treatment for muscular-skeletal conditions.
This metaphor is useful for business. Unless an organization regularly engages in active, informative communication with employees and customers – in other words, flexes its communication muscles — it will lose its flexibility to adjust to unpredictable conditions, the agility to bounce back from otherwise temporary setbacks, long-term stamina to retain and/or grow market share, and the ability to effectively use its collective ‘memory’ (aka collective business knowledge and history) as a foundation for moving forward.
In realistic terms, how important is it to flex your communication muscles?
Open communication, open minds, open for business. Some of the best ideas for solving problems or leapfrogging the competition come from employees. The best solutions derive from exchanging and sharing ideas. It’s the spark that ignites innovation and prevents the company from becoming stagnant.
More is more. While the economy may lead you to tighten the purse strings and voice “less is more”, when it comes to communication, the opposite is true. The more you communicate with employees and customers/prospects, the more market intelligence you have to run your business. Employees are your front line and they know what it takes, on a daily basis to deliver on your brand promise. Ask customers about their expectations and their satisfaction with your service/product and you’ll receive valuable information that you can use to redesign your service/product, gain referrals, or expand into new market niches. And, with today’s technology, communicating more doesn’t have to cost more.
Role model the communication behavior you want for your corporate culture. Leaders who primarily (or solely) directly communicate with the management team should not expect employees to be forthcoming in their communications. The actions of leadership (i.e., corporate behavior) send more powerful messages than any employee handbook or memo. If you want your employees to communicate meaningful information on a regular basis with management (including you) and customers, then you have to show them how it’s done well and why it’s essential to the business’ long-term success.
So, flex your communication muscles and gain a competitive advantage. No heavy lifting required.
Article Source: http://ezineseeker.com/?expert=Stephanie_Leibowitz
MUSCLE MILK Pro Series Protein Shakes provide all 9 essential amino acids, which the body is not able to produce, with an immediate and prolonged protein delivery in the body. For healthy muscles, protein is essential and the timing of your intake of protein is crucial. The goal is to keep your body’s protein supply at peak levels so you have available nutrients to maintain, repair and build your muscles.
What does this mean?
MUSCLE MILK Pro Series Protein Shakes provide high quality proteins that are designed to keep your body in positive protein balance to help promote exercise recovery, provide sustained energy and help build and maintain lean muscle.
32g high quality protein
Excellent source of 20 essential vitamins and minerals
Suitable for most individuals that are sensitive to lactosePrice: $23.94
- POWERFUL PROTEIN - MUSCLE MILK Pro Series Protein Shakes provide protein and essential nutrients to help recover and build muscle after hard training
- BE STRONG. RECOVER FASTER. FUEL UP. SUCCEED. - 32g high quality protein; 160 calories; 1g sugar; 4g fiber; Excellent source of 20 essential vitamins and minerals; Gluten Free; Suitable for most individuals that are sensitive to lactose
- USAGE - MUSCLE MILK Pro Series Protein shakes can be used before or after your most grueling workouts or as a high protein meal option or snack
- IMMEDIATE AND PROLONGED PROTEIN DELIVERY - MUSCLE MILK Pro Series Protein Shakes provide all 9 essential amino acids, which the body is not able to produce, with an immediate and prolonged protein delivery in the body
- QUALITY MATTERS - The proteins in MUSCLE MILK Protein Shakes attain a Protein Digestibility Amino Acid Score (PDCAAS) Score of 1.0. Attaining a PDCAAS Score of 1.0 it is the highest quality score a food protein can have